Quite often, I find valuable resources when it comes to food, diet, and living a healthy lifestyle. These 10 minute, delicious recipes come from the publication Diabetic Journal. Enjoy!
Cucumber Hummus Wraps
- Spread 2 Tbsp hummus onto one 8” Low-Carb whole wheat wrap.
- Top with 1/3 cup fresh spinach; ¼ cup each cucumber slices, shredded carrot and shelled edamame, 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil and 1 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese.
- Fold the sides of the wrap up over the filling; tightly roll up the wrap.
- Cut in half; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Place 4/3 cup grapes in an airtight container.
CARB 43g (fiber 11g, sugars 20g)
FAT 9g (sat.fat 2g)
PROTEIN 15g, CHOL 8mg
SODIUM 344 mg
Sesame Tuna Lettuce Wraps
- Place 4 large Bibb lettuce leaves in a lidded container.
- In another lidded container, combine one 2.5 oz pouch albacore tuna, 2 Tbsp sliced scallion greens, 1 Tbsp light Asian toasted sesame salad dressing and 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro.
- Place ¼ cup shredded carrot, 1 Tbsp toasted slivered almonds and ¾ cup cubed fresh pineapple in separate lidded container.
- To serve, make 2 stacks of 2 lettuce leaves each.
- Spoon the tuna mixture onto the stacks; top with carrot and almonds.
- Serve with pineapple.
CARB 23g (fiber 4g, sugars 16g)
FAT 8g (sat. fat 1g)
CHOL 31 mg
SODIUM 341 mg.
Salmon-Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Cut 3 mini bell peppers in half lengthwise.
- Scrape out and discard seeds and membranes.
- Place the pepper halves, 14 thin nut crackers (such as Hint of Salt Nut Thins), and 1 6 oz peach in a lidded container.
- In another lidded container, stir together one 2.5 oz pouch boneless, skinless pink salmon, 1 Tbsp light mayonnaise, 1 tsp lemon juice, and 1/8 tsp each garlic powder and ground pepper.
- Refrigerate or store the containers in a insulated lunch bag with a frozen ice pack for up to 5 hours.
- To serve, spoon the salmon mixture into the pepper halves.
- Serve with the crackers and peach.
CARB 40g (fiber 4g, sugars 15g)
FAT 7g (sat fat 1g)
CHOL 40 mg
SODIUM 417 mg
** Refrigerate or store the containers in an insulated lunch bag with a frozen ice pack for up to 5 hours.
I hope you enjoy these quick recipes! Do you have any of your own? Please share! If you need help preparing the right foods for your particular needs, please contact me.
You might be interested in...
In August 2021, the US Preventive Services Task Force lowered…Read More